Bristol Golden Giveaway Sweepstakes
Official Rules and Regulations
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. Eligibility: Bristol Golden Giveaway Sweepstakes (the “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States (including District of Columbia) who are at least eighteen (18) years old at the time of entry. Employees of The Scotts Company LLC, Ford Motor Company, Bristol Motor Speedway, and their parent and affiliate companies, suppliers as well as the immediate family (spouse, parents, siblings and children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible. Subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited. Participation constitutes entrant’s full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor’s and Administrator’s decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein. The Promotion consists of a sweepstakes (the “Sweepstakes”) and 20 weekly prizes (the “Weekly Prizes”).
2. Sponsor and Administrator: Bristol Motor Speedway, LLC is the Sponsor. Times Digital Media is the Administrator.
3. Timing: The Promotion begins on March 18, 2011 at 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time ("ET") and ends on July 30, 2011 at 11:59 p.m. ET (the "Promotion Period"). Administrator’s computer is the official time keeping device for this Promotion.
4. How to Enter: During the Promotion Period, there are four (4) methods to enter the sweepstakes. The first method of entry is an online registration by going to www.bms50.com and fill out the online entry form. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, e-mail address and your ticket account number if you are a current Bristol Motor Speedway ticket account holder. All Bristol Motor Speedway ticket account holders who have provided a valid e-mail address to Bristol Motor Speedway will automatically receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You may also be asked to answer optional questions, such as mailing address, phone number and date of birth; however, they need not be answered in order to be eligible for the Sweepstakes. Upon completion of registration, you will advance to an interactive game page. You will be presented with a twelve (12) tile matching game. After you correctly match all the tiles, you will automatically receive one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes. In addition, there will be twenty (20) weekly prizes awarded at random. One for each week the sweepstakes is active. All potential winners are subject to verification before any prize will be awarded. Administrator is responsible for the functionality of the Weekly Prize.
The second method of entry is by registering in person at the Scotts interactive display located in the corporate display area of Bristol Motor Speedway during the dates of March 18th-20th, 2011.
The third method of entry is by sending a text to the number advertised (55678) during events held at Bristol Motor Speedway during the dates of March 18-20, 2011 and providing the requested information.
The fourth method of entry is by registering in person at Bristol Motor Speedway on July 30, 2011 at the Bristol Motor Speedway 50th Anniversary Fan Celebration.
Bonus Entries: In addition to the initial registration, each participant may receive a total of four (4) additional Sweepstakes entries per day during the Promotion Period by playing the interactive game (1 entry) and participating in the Tell A Friend program (1-3 entries). Multiple entrants are not permitted to share the same email address. Any attempt by any entrant to obtain more than the stated number of plays/entries by using multiple/different email addresses, identities, registrations and logins, or any other methods will void all of that entrant's plays/entries and that entrant may be disqualified. Use of any automated system to participate is prohibited and will result in disqualification. Sponsor is not responsible for lost, late, incomplete, invalid, unintelligible or misdirected registrations, which will be disqualified. In the event of a dispute as to any registration or play, the authorized account holder of the email address used to register will be deemed to be the registrant or player. The “authorized account holder” is the natural person assigned an email address by an Internet access provider, online service provider or other organization responsible for assigning email addresses for the domain associated with the submitted address. Potential winners may be required to show proof of being the authorized account holder.
5. Tell A Friend Program: After you play the Interactive Matching Game, you will be invited to do any or all of the following:
Submit the names and valid email addresses of up to five (5) friends who must be eligible to enter the Promotion. Each person that you refer will receive an email notifying them about the Promotion. You may only refer persons with whom you have an existing relationship.
Share with your Facebook Friends
Share via Twitter
By electing to do any of these sharing actions, you will be given one (1) additional entry into the Sweepstakes for each action.
6. Sweepstakes/Weekly Prizes: Sponsor/Administrator’s decisions as to the administration and operation of the Promotion and the selection of potential winners are final and binding in all matters related to the Promotion. Sweepstakes: Administrator will randomly select the Sweepstakes winners, other than the Grand Prize Winner, from all eligible entries on or around August 1, 2011. Two of the three winners will be selected from entries received via the online entry method and the Scotts interactive display method. One (1) of the three winners will be selected from the entries received at the Bristol Motor Speedway 50th Anniversary Fan Celebration. Weekly Prizes: Twenty (20) random, computer-generated winners, one for each week the sweepstakes is active, will be generated during the Promotion Period.
Drawings:Prize selections for the sweepstakes will be random and conducted by the Sponsor/Administrator for each respective tier and its eligible entries received. The number of eligible entries received will determine the odds of winning. The decisions of the Administrator will be final and binding. The winner(s) will be notified within 24 hours of the drawing by phone and must meet all eligibility requirements, including the execution and delivery of all necessary releases and documents.
7. ALL POTENTIAL WINNERS ARE SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY SPONSOR OR ADMINISTRATOR, WHOSE DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE PROMOTION. AN ENTRANT IS NOT A WINNER OF ANY PRIZE, EVEN WEEKLY PRIZES, UNLESS AND UNTIL ENTRANT’S ELIGIBILITY, AND THE POTENTIAL WEEKLY WINNER AND/OR SWEEPSTAKES WINNER HAVE BEEN VERIFIED AND ENTRANT HAS BEEN NOTIFIED THAT VERIFICATION IS COMPLETE. SPONSOR WILL NOT ACCEPT SCREEN SHOTS OR OTHER EVIDENCE OF WINNING IN LIEU OF ITS VALIDATION PROCESS. ANY PLAY THAT OCCURS AFTER THE SYSTEM HAS FAILED FOR ANY REASON IS DEEMED A DEFECTIVE PLAY AND IS VOID AND WILL NOT BE HONORED.
8. Verification of Potential Winners: Potential winners must continue to comply with all terms and conditions of these Official Rules, and winning is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements. The potential Sweepstakes winners will be notified by mail, email or phone. Each potential Sweepstakes winner (parent/legal guardian if winner is a minor in his/her state of residence) will be required to sign and return to Bristol Motor Speedway, within ten (10) days of the date notice is sent, an Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize if applicable. If a potential winner of any prize cannot be contacted, or fails to sign and return the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability and Publicity Release within the required time period (if applicable), potential winner forfeits prize. In the event that a potential winner of a Grand or First Prize is disqualified for any reason, Sponsor will award the applicable prize to an alternate winner by random drawing from among all remaining eligible entries. Weekly Prizes will be fulfilled approximately 8-10 weeks after the conclusion of the Promotion.
9. Prizes: Sweepstakes Prizes: THREE (3) FINALIST PRIZES: A trip for two (2) to Bristol, TN. Trip package includes roundtrip, coach-class air transportation for two (2) from a major airport near winner’s home (determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion) to Bristol, TN; 3 days and 3 nights accommodations at a hotel determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion (single room, double occupancy); two (2) suite tickets to attend the Bristol Races, Food City 250 and IRWIN Tools Night Race on Friday, 8/26/11 and Saturday, 8/27/11 (terms and conditions of tickets apply, seat location determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion); and $500 spending money. ARV of each trip: $4,700. ONE (1) GRAND PRIZE: In addition to the Finalist Prize described above, one of the Finalist Prize winners will win a Ford Mustang GT official pace car. No model substitution, upgrade or cash equivalent allowed. Sponsor will determine all features of automobile including but not limited to color of exterior and interior, and all other features or upgrades will be allowed only if permitted by delivery dealer and paid for by winner. While on the racetrack being used as the official pace car, the Mustang will be upfitted with light bars and other caution lighting equipment which is and will be the property of Ford Motor Company. This caution equipment will be removed prior to the vehicle being awarded to the grand prize winner. Winner must be a licensed driver and will be required to provide proof of insurance at time of delivery. The Grand Prize winner is solely responsible for all applicable taxes, insurance, licensing, registration, and title. Sponsor (administrator) will work with the Grand Prize winner on vehicle pick-up at Bristol Motor Speedway. The Grand Prize winner will be responsible to show proof of valid driver’s license and insurance prior to taking initial delivery, and will pick up vehicle as directed by Sponsor (administrator). Winner must be present at the Bristol Race August 27th. Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $49,551 (includes value of Finalist Prize).
On August 27, 2011 each of the First Prize winners will have a chance to receive the Grand Prize of a 2011 Ford Mustang GT Pace Car through a random process. Odds will be a 1 in 3 chance to win the vehicle. Sponsor or its designee will conduct and supervise the random process. In the event of any mechanical or other type of malfunction with reference to the selection of the Finalist Prize winners, Sponsor/Administrator and its authorized agents shall have the unilateral right, at any time, to substitute the random method to be utilized in the awarding of the Prizes.
For trip Prizes: Winner must travel on August 25 and return on August 28 or prize will be forfeited. Trip must be booked at least fourteen (14) days prior to departure. Trip is subject to availability and blackout dates. Travel must be roundtrip. Sponsor will determine airline and flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel is subject to the terms and conditions set forth in this Promotion, and those set forth by the Sponsor’s airline carrier of choice as detailed in the passenger ticket contract. All expenses and incidental travel costs not expressly stated in the package description above, including but not limited to, ground transportation, meals, incidentals, passenger tariffs or duties, airline fees, surcharges, airport fees, service charges or facility charges, personal charges at lodging, security fees, taxes or other expenses are the responsibility solely of winner. Unless child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. If winner is a minor in his/her state of residence, travel companion must be winner’s parent/legal guardian. Travel companion must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Travel restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. If in the judgment of Sponsor air travel is not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location, reimbursement of fuel will be substituted for roundtrip air travel at Sponsor’s sole discretion. Likewise, if Sponsor, in its sole discretion, determines that hotel accommodations are not required due to winner’s proximity to prize location or prize winner’s stated plans, Sponsor may substitute a cash prize of $250, which need not necessarily equal the value of the hotel stay. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Sponsor is not responsible if the Bristol Motor Speedway Race is delayed, postponed or cancelled for any reason, in which event that portion of prize is forfeited in its entirety and no substitution will be provided except as in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Actual value of trip prizes may vary based on airfare fluctuations and distance between departure and destination. Winner will not receive difference between actual and approximate retail value. Odds of winning a Sweepstakes Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. Limit: One (1) Sweepstakes Prize per person.
Weekly Prizes: TWENTY (20) WEEKLY PRIZES: Each Weekly Prize Winner will receive the following package: A Bristol Motor Speedway 50th Anniversary Die Cast Car, a Bristol Motor Speedway 50th Anniversary hat, a Carl Edwards autographed photo, and (2) Bristol Tickets to the IRWIN Tools Night Race. ARV: $298. Odds of winning a Weekly Prize depend on the number of eligible Sweepstakes entries divided by the number of prizes available. Limit: One (1) Weekly Prize per person.
For All Prizes: The Grand Prize and Finalist Prize winners are responsible for taxes on the value of their prize and will receive an IRS Form 1099. No cash equivalent and all prizes are non-transferable and no substitution will be made except as provided herein at the Sponsor’s sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize for one of equal or greater value if the designated prize should become unavailable for any reason. Winner is responsible for all taxes and fees associated with prize receipt and/or use. TOTAL ARV OF ALL PRIZES: $61,911.
10. Release: By receipt of any prize, winner agrees to release and hold harmless Sponsor, Ford Motor Company, The Scotts Company LLC, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
11. Publicity: Except where prohibited, participation in the Promotion constitutes winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents’ use of winner’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
12. General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Promotion, or any part of it, if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor’s reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to award the prizes at random from among the eligible entries received up to the time of the impairment. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
13. Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by entrants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Promotion; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Promotion; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Promotion or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from entrant’s participation in the Promotion or receipt or use or misuse of any prize. If for any reason an entrant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, entrant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Promotion, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded. In the event that production, technical, seeding, programming or any other reasons cause more than stated number of prizes as set forth in these Official Rules to be available and/or claimed, Sponsor reserves the right to award only the stated number of prizes by a random drawing among all legitimate, unawarded, eligible prize claims.
14. Disputes: Except where prohibited, entrant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Promotion or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Tennessee (Northern Division) or the appropriate Tennessee State Court located in Sullivan County, Tennesee; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Promotion, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Promotion, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Tennessee, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Tennessee or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Tennessee.